Green Promise Farms does not ship to AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, PR, UT or WA.
Brand: Proven Winners®
Color: green foliage
- LIVE PLANT: Love boxwood but struggle with or winter damage? Plant Strongbox inkberry holly instead. Much faster growing than boxwood, and offers good deer resistance, too.
- READY TO PLANT: This native evergreen naturally grows as a broadly rounded mound, and keeps its leaves all the way to the ground for the lush, dense look you love. Arrives fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- POPULAR USES: It can be pruned or shaped as you desire, or left to attain its neat natural shape. It's also much faster growing than boxwood, and offers good deer resistance, too. Can be a great in borders, beds, edging, or a container.
- PLANTING GUIDANCE: Little care is needed to enjoy Strongbox inkberry holly in your landscape. It has shallow roots, so a 2-3" layer of mulch is a good idea. If you wish to trim or prune it, do so in mid-late spring, after the new growth has emerged. For best results, plant in USDA Zone:5-9 - Mature size: 24-36in H x 24-36in W
- SIZES: This Ilex is delivered right to your home in a #2 Size Container, 2 Gallon. We also offer a #3 Size Container, 3 Gallon.
Binding: Lawn & Patio