Brand: Proven Winners®
Color: green foliage
- LIVE PLANT: This cool new dwarf, broadleaf evergreen looks more like a boxwood than an inkberry. A dense, ball-shaped plant, Gem Box Ilex has small, dainty, dark green leaves with attractive red tips during the spring flush.
- READY TO PLANT: A great alternative to boxwood! Maintains good branching right to the ground so it never looks bare-legged like other cultivars may. Arrives fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- POPULAR USES: t's great as a small evergreen hedge or used as a container specimen in milder climates. Gem Box inkberry holly is a female variety and can potentially develop berries. However, there are no compatible males currently on the market to ensure the cross pollination required for fruit to form.
- PLANTING GUIDANCE: Prefers moist acidic soils. Good shade tolerance. Prune to shape in late winter. Apply an evergreen fertilizer in spring. For best results, plant in USDA Zone:5-9 - Mature size: 24-36in H x 24-36in W
- SIZES: This Ilex is delivered right to your home in a #2 Size Container, 2 Gallon. We also offer a #3 Size Container, 3 Gallon.
Binding: Lawn & Patio