Green Promise Farms does not ship to AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, PR, UT or WA.
Brand: Green Promise Farms
- It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting. We advise not to plant during frigid winter months or under drought conditions
- For best results, plant in USDA Zones 3-8. Mature height is 16-20in, mature spread is 20-24in
- Deep red flower color in early June is richer and more vibrant that 'Fanal' but that's only the start of what makes this plant stand out
- Grows well in partial sun or full shade
- Plant will be dormant (no leaves) late Fall through the Winter months, this is normal. It will leaf out in Spring
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: ASTILBE `MONTGOMERY` Many people think there is no better red flowering Astilbe that 'Fanal' but we think that 'Montgomery' is far superior. Its deep red flower color in early June is richer and more vibrant that 'Fanal' but that's only the start of what makes this plant stand out. Its foliage is incredible! It emerges from the ground bronzy red in the early spring and, even as it matures to a deep, lustrous green as the spring progresses, it retains an infusion of red color that makes it jump at you from the landscape and enhances its red flower color. It's a perfect plant for partial shade and moist, well-drained soil and is a knockout when planted in groups. Watch for even more color as the hummingbirds make a bee-line to the open flowers! Grow Tips Astilbe's should be pruned in the early spring after the last frost. Pruning them in early summer is an option but the longer you wait the more flowers could be lost to the prune. You can prune off spent flowers to keep your plant looking tidy but too much pruning late in the season can spur new growth that is delicate and may be killed off by frosts in the fall and winter and cause undo stress to the plant as well as an unsightly plant.
Package Dimensions: 24.0 x 7.0 x 7.0 inches