Green Promise Farms does not ship to AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, PR, UT or WA.
Brand: American Beauties Native Plants®
- For best results, plant in USDA Zone:3-8 - Mature size: 15-25ft H x 5-10ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #2 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- This strong growing vine has outstanding foliage but is best known for purple-blue May and Huge flowers that cover the plant and look like grape bunches. The flowers are a magnet for native pollinators, butterflies and hummingbirds
- This is a quick growing plant but far less aggressive that other Wisteria. Easy to grow with few disease or insect issues. Much quicker to bloom at a younger age than other Wisteria. Perfect for a sturdy arbor or trellis. Tolerates moist soils.
- Native songbirds love the cover and nesting this plant provides
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: WISTERIA MACROSTACHYA `BLUE MOON` Like all Wisteria, this native to the lower mid-Atlantic area is a quick grower that needs space and support to grow and look its best. A heavy arbor will allow this plant to thrive and do what it loves to do: grow and produce spectacular, 8-10" long racemes of lavender-blue flowers in late May that may repeat during the summer months. Its flower display is breathtaking, fragrant and attractive to any number of native insects and butterflies looking to fill up on nectar. 'Blue Moon' loves full sun and will flower its best in that environment but it will tolerate less sun and still grow well. While this selection is native further south, it is one of the most northern hardy of all Wisteria and blooms reliably into Zone 3. 'Blue Moon' is a nearly 'no care' plant, in fact, your pruning will encourage vegetative growth at the expense of bloom so cut judiciously!
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches