American Beauties Native Plants®
Brand: American Beauties Native Plants®
Color: green foliage with red flowers
- For best results, plant in USDA Zone:4-8 - Mature : 2-3ft H x 18-24in W
- Plant is delivered in a #1 Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- Incredibly attractive purple-bronze colored foliage is the backdrop for spikes of bold red flowers that start blooming in July and continue well into the summer. Loads of native pollinators, butterflies and hummingbirds are attracted to this plant's outstanding summer bloom.
- A real summer show stopper this selection brings a garden to live when grouped in any sunny garden. It will thrive in moist soils and is an outstanding addition to any rain garden
- This plant is a hummingbird magnet and is one of the best native plants you can add to the garden to attract them. This plant is deer resistant.
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: LOBELIA CARDINALIS You'll find this classic American Beauties plant growing naturally in moist, swampy areas, but with a constantly moist soil it will thrive in your landscape and put on a stunning summer show. Plant it toward the back of the garden or around wetland features and in groups to put on the best show as this plant forms a dense clump of upright stems crowded with almost fleshy, medium green foliage. Buds form at the tops of these stems and give rise to a profuse amount of scarlet-red, two lipped tubular flowers in late July continuing right into September. Humming_birds find these flowers an irresistible source of nectar as do colorful butterflies like swallowtails, while spent flower heads and stems provide nesting to birds and cover for small native animals and insects.
Package Dimensions: 25.0 x 8.0 x 8.0 inches
|American Beauties Native Plants®