American Beauties Native Plants®
Out of stock
Brand: American Beauties Native Plants®
Color: orange flowers
- For best results, plant in USDA Zone:3-8 - Mature size: 18-30in H x 12-24in W
- Plant is delivered in a #1 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- Outstanding, essential Monarch butterfly attracting plant! Fragrant flowers attract adults while foliage is an essential food for butterfly larvae.
- Perfect for grouping in the landscape. Colorful bloom and colorful for the Butterflies attracted to the plant
- Also attracts hummingbirds, native songbirds and supports bees. Deer resistant.
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: ASCLEPIAS TUBEROSA Like its relative, Asclepias incarnata, this plant is essential to attracting Monarch butterflies to the landscape but, unlike incarnata, it likes a much drier spot and, since its profile is lower, a spot closer to the front of the garden. This drought tolerant American Beauties gem also flowers differently with umbels of small orange flowers that emerge in mid-July and continue into August. Like its relative, Butterfly Weed is a caterpillar food source for Monarchs and a nectar source for adult Monarchs and other butterflies and their mere presence in the landscape guarantees landscape color other than flowers. Even the birds love this plant for its seed fluff that provides nesting material!
Package Dimensions: 25.0 x 8.0 x 8.0 inches
|Attracts Wildlife||["Butterflies"," Song Birds"]|
|Flower Color||["Orange Shades"]|
|USDA Zone||["3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8"]|
|Brand||American Beauties Native Plants®|