Brand: American Beauties Native Plants®
- For best results, plant in USDA Zone:4-8 - Mature size: 12-15ft H x 12-15ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #3 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- One of the latest blooming shrubs in the landscape, this selection's yellow flowers consisting of yellow, thread-like petals open in early Novemeber after its leaves have fallen off. These late flowers on this large growing shrub are prized by native pollinators. Great yellow fall foliage color.
- Big, fast growing and easy to care for, 'Harvest Moon' is perfect growing alone as a specimen or grouped to form a large border planting.
- Native songbirds are attracted to the seeds formed from spent flowers and love the nesting and cover possibilities it provides
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA `HARVEST MOON` This captivating selection developed by noted Connecticut Kalmia expert Richard Jaynes, blooms after the leaves have fallen in the fall. While this seems like a thing of small importance to some, most fall blooming Hamamelis tend to bloom with the foliage still on the plant making its unique, striking, fragrant flowers very easy to overlook. You'll find 'Harvest Moon' impossible to ignore with vivid, densely packed clusters of lemon yellow flowers showing off their trademarked crinkly, strap-like petals against bare branches in November for stunning late-season appeal. These flowers are considerably larger and showier than the species and make walking in the garden as Thanksgiving approaches a real treat! 'Harvest Moon' is a big, beefy, attractive plant in spring and summer with deep green leaves that provide loads of native critter cover and an easy going nature that lets it thrive in most sunny, well-drained locations.
Package Dimensions: 52.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches