Brand: Green Promise Farms
- Plant is delivered in a #3 size container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- For Best results, plant in usda zones 3-7. Mature Height is 6-9ft, mature spread is 7-10ft.
- Popular landscape plant with Green foliage that turns red-purple in fall. Its Red stems provide a nice winter interest.
- Grows well in full or partial sun.
- Plant will be dormant (no leaves) late fall through the winter months, this is normal. It will leaf out in spring.
Publisher: American Beauty
Details: "Cornus serviceman `cardinal` this native beauty has such a long list of features that it's hard to see why it isn't used more. Quick growing & spreading, this plant unfurls its medium green foliage in the spring which darkens to form a great backing to flattened heads of small White flowers that bloom in late may & can persist even into early July. These flowers are a butterfly magnet while the heads of whitish, blue blushed fruit that form later in the summer are considered a delicacy by Birds. Even better, 'cardinal' will awe you with its reddish-purple fall foliage show & its stunning red Twig color in winter is pure magic. 'Cardinal' will tolerate moist soils & is perfect for grouping & providing nesting cover for native Birds. Thin out 25% of this plant's old branches each year to retain the best winter color. grow tipstolerates moist soils. thin out 25% of this plant's old branches each year to retain the best winter color."
Package Dimensions: 52.0 x 11.8 x 11.8 inches