Brand: Green Promise Farms
- For best results, plant in USDA Zone:3-8 - Mature size: 6-8ft H x 9-10ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #3 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- Flattened heads of small white flowers top upright stems in late May attracting nectar seeking native pollinators. White fruit forms in summer attracting native songbirds. As weather cools in fall, leaves fall off revealing brilliant red stems that put on a great winter show.
- Easy to grow with few pests. Perfect for grouping to form an informal hedge or pollinator friendly barrier planting. Tolerates a wide range of soil conditions
- Native songbirds love this plants summer and fall ripening white fruit. Plant provides outstanding nesting and cover for native songbirds. Host plant for Spring Azure butterfly
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: CORNUS SERICEA `CARDINAL` This native beauty has such a long list of features that it's hard to see why it isn't used more. Quick growing and spreading, this plant unfurls its medium green foliage in the spring which darkens to form a great backing to flattened heads of small white flowers that bloom in late May and can persist even into early July. These flowers are a butterfly magnet while the heads of whitish, blue blushed fruit that form later in the summer are considered a delicacy by birds. Even better, 'Cardinal' will awe you with its reddish-purple fall foliage show and its stunning red twig color in winter is pure magic. 'Cardinal' will tolerate moist soils and is perfect for grouping and providing nesting cover for native birds. Thin out 25% of this plant's old branches each year to retain the best winter color. Grow Tips Tolerates moist soils. Thin out 25% of this plant's old branches each year to retain the best winter color.
Package Dimensions: 52.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches