Brand: Green Promise Farms
- Plant is delivered in a #3 size container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- For Best results, plant in usda zones 5-9. Mature Height is 2-4ft, mature spread is 2-3ft
- Incredibly hardy stems and buds. Eye catching deep Pink/Red lace cap flowers rebloom up until the first frost in fall
- Grows well in partial sun or full shade
- Plant will be dormant (no leaves) late fall through the winter months, this is normal. It will leaf out in spring
Publisher: Proven Winners
Details: HYDRANGEA M.S. `TUFF STUFF RED` PPAF
Tuff Stuff™ Red is the newest edition to the Tuff Stuff series of mountain hydrangeas. These unique hydrangeas fare better in cold weather than their cousins, big-leaf hydrangeas, making them the perfect choice for landscapes and gardens in USDA zones 5 and 6. Large, lacecap flowers are a deep pink-red color which is set off by lustrous, deep green foliage. This reblooming hydrangea begins blooming in early summer on old wood and continues to produce flowers on new wood through autumn, ensuring a showy, abundant display. Small, rounded habit gives Tuff Stuff Red extra versatility in the landscape - grow it as a foundation planting, low hedge, edging, or specimen.Grow Tips
For best success with Tuff Stuff Red hydrangea:
- Some sun is necessary for best flower production, color, and stem strength. The warmer your climate, the more shade the plant can take, and in very warm areas, afternoon shade is essential.
- avoid pruning this plant except to remove any dead wood or dried blossoms in early spring.
- Fertilize in early spring, after the ground has thawed and before new growth begins, if desired.
- Plant tolerates a range of soil pH, however, flower color will vary depending on whether soil is acid, neutral or alkaline.
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches