Brand: Green Promise Farms
Color: Cityline Mars
- Plant is delivered in a #3 size container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- For Best results, plant in used zones 5-8. Mature Height is 1-3ft, mature spread is 2-3ft.
- Striking, magenta and White summer flowers Emerge in July.
- Growth habit is much tighter than traditional hydrangeas as this selection typically stays under 3 feet. Grows well in full sun or partial shade.
- Plant will be dormant (no leaves) late fall through the winter months, this is normal. It will leaf out in spring.
Publisher: Proven Winners
Details: "HYDRANGEA M CL `MARS` This compact Cityline® selection may be petite but the mophead forming flowers are large, vibrant and uniquely colored! In acidic soils, each of the individual flower's petals are light blue with a violet splotch giving it a very cool variegated look will really grab your eye. 'Cityline® Mars' is a knockout flowering shrub with excellent mildew resistance and long blooming time with flowers emerging in July and continuing into August. It's fantastic when used in groupings or masses, in perennial or shrub borders, as a single specimen or even in containers! It loves full to partial sun and moist, well drained soil and very little other care once established. Grow TipsBest in well-drained soil that has been amended with peat moss, leaf mold or compost. Flourishes by the ocean. Pruning is usually not needed, but may be pruned immediately after flowering. Prefers moist soils. May need winter protection in northern areas. Fertilize in early spring by applying a slow release fertilizer specialized for trees and shrubs. Follow the label for the recommended rate of application. Flower color is affected by pH. For blue flowers, the soil must be more acidic and for pink flowers the soil must be more alkaline. Add aluminum sulfate to the soil to encourage blue flower color."
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches