Brand: Green Promise Farms
Color: Leonard Messel
- It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting. Planting and how-to-care instructions will arrive with shipment.
- For best results, plant in USDA Zones 4-8. Mature height is 20-25ft, mature spread is 20-25ft.
- Fuchsia buds open into star-like purple flowers in late April. Its gray, barked branches provide a nice contrast to the flowers.
- Grows well in full sun or partial shade.
- Plant will be dormant (no leaves) late Fall through the Winter months, this is normal. It will leaf out in Spring.
Publisher: Green Promise Farms
Details: MAGNOLIA X LOEB. `LEONARD MESSEL` Who's ever heard of fireworks in late April? Your landscape will experience those fireworks and sparks will fly as the masses of star-like flowers featured by this selection explode in a burst of vivid fuchsia buds, opening to radiant purple. 'Leonard Messel' is so anxious to put on a show for us that its blooms arrive before the foliage in a staggering display of springtime coloration against a rounded array of gray barked branches. This explosive show takes place each year on a low branched specimen that is upright when young, but rounds in form as it ages. Plant in sun for full effect and give it some space to spread and dazzle you through the years.
Package Dimensions: 52.0 x 11.8 x 11.8 inches