Brand: American Beauties Native Plants®
Color: clear pink flowers
- For best results, plant in USDA zone: 4-8 - mature size: 8-12ft H x 8-12ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #3 size container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- Stately and large growing, this selection is loaded with long, leathery, deep green evergreen foliage. Large buds top branch tips and open in late June and early July to reveal huge trusses of light pink to White Bloom that is a magnet for Native pollinators and butterflies
- Perfect for use as a specimen or for grouping in shaded locations. Fast growing. Fills large areas in spectacular fashion
- Native songbirds love the cover and nesting this plant provides
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: Rhododendron maximum `Independence` rosebay Rhododendron is a spectacular native to shaded, Hillier spots in our area & differs from the large leaf Rhododendron that we are used to by its size, habit & time of bloom. 'Independence' Is a more refined selection that takes on a big, rounded form with long, strap-like leaves & is slightly less open that the straight species. Its massive form is topped by Big, dome-like buds at the top of each branch that openup to 6 weeks later than other large leaf rhodies in late June forming massive globes of Clear Pink Flowers that stay open & spectacular into the S week of July. 'Independence' Is perfect for shady areas as a large specimen or grouped in wooded areas to form a massive, showy presence. 'Independence' Is a big plant so give it space & Know that native insects & landscape critters will thank you because they'll love this plant as much as you. grow tips rhododendrons need cool, moist, well-drained organic soil & do best with winter protection. Protect from strong winter sun & wind.
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches