Brand: American Beauties Native Plants®
- For best results, plant in USDA Zone:5-8 - Mature size: 15-20ft H x 15-20ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #2 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- This strong growing vine has outstanding foliage but is best known for purple-blue May and Huge flowers that cover the plant and look like grape bunches. The flowers are a magnet for native pollinators, butterflies and hummingbirds
- This is a quick growing plant but far less aggressive that other Wisteria. Easy to grow with few disease or insect issues. Much quicker to bloom at a younger age than other Wisteria. Perfect for a sturdy arbor or trellis. Tolerates moist soils.
- Native songbirds love the cover and nesting this plant provides
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: WISTERIA FRUT. `AMETHYST FALLS` If you love the Wisteria bloom but hate the fact that it can be one of the most noxious, overpowering, invasive plants in the landscape, why not try this outstanding, native alternative that gives you outstanding bloom without most of the headaches. 'Amethyst Falls' is far less aggressive than other Wisteria, yet still produces a twining woody vine that deserves a heavy duty arbor or support. Soft, gray-green compound foliage emerges later than many plants in late April or early May followed immediately by big bud clusters that elongate and open in mid to late May revealing grape-like clusters of deep lilac to purple flowers. It's an incredible show of bloom that you, along with any neighboring native insect and butterflies, will love. Even better, 'Amethyst Falls' blooms dependable at an early age while most of the Asian imports seem content just to foliate you to death! This American native is so superior to the imported variety it makes you wonder why anyone would grow any other Wisteria. This container size is exclusively offered to American Beauties program buyers!
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches