Brand: American Beauties Native Plants
Color: purple flowers
- For best results, plant in USDA zone: 4-8 - mature size: 3-4ft H x 1-2ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #2 size container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- Clouds of late summer Purple Flowers are a butterfly magnet! Other pollinators seek this out out for its abundant pollen and nectar
- Tall growing and easy to grow. Outstanding for grouping and Naturalizing in the landscape.
- Very tolerant of poor soils and even moist areas. Plants provide cover and seed for Native songbirds
Publisher: Green Promise Farms
Details: Vernonia novaboracensis new York iron Weed is tall & upright with strong stems that are covered with narrow dark green leaves. This aggressive grower bursts into bloom in August with deep purple, aster-like flowers. The fluffy haze of deep purple is often covered by a parade of butterflies in late summer. Other beneficial insects feed on the nectar & the pollen. It is deer resistant, easy to grow & & disease resistant. Plant in full sun. Tolerates a wide range of soils & conditions, but prefers rich, slightly acidic soils that remain moist. Remove flower heads before seed develops to prevent unwanted self-seeding. If you want shorter plants, cut back stems nearly to the ground in late spring leave the stems standing through winter to provide cover for beneficial insects
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches