Brand: Green Promise Farms
- For best results, plant in USDA Zone:3-8 - Mature size: 6-7ft H x 6-7ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #2 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- This large shrub features clouds of small white bloom in May that attract native pollinators and butterflies. 1" diameter fruit appears after bloom and changes from green to purple as it matures.
- Easy to grow and very tolerant of poor soils, dry soils, drought, salt and seashore conditions.
- The showy fruit of this plant is edible and is known throughout New England for the jam made from the fruit. The fruit is an important fodd source for native songbirds and the plant provide great cover and nesting.
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: PRUNUS MARITIMA This coastal native of the New England and mid-atlantic states offers a strong dose of beauty, food for humans and garden critters, and amazing tolerance for the worst soils a landscape can offer! Beach plum displays a loose, upright branched rounded habit with deep green foliage. Small, white, cherry-like flowers cover its branches starting in late April and continuing into mid-May providing an abundant nectar source for a wide array of native insects. As summer lengthens, an abundant supply of .75 to 1" diameter plums mature from green to dark purple creating an abundant food source for untold numbers of birds and a traditional source of jellies and jams that have been created locally in the northeast since colonial times. Beach Plum is easy to grow, is native to dune areas, so it will tolerate drought and the most sandy, unfertile soils, loves full sun, and provides great protection and sustenance to a vast number of garden critters.
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches