Brand: American Beauties Native Plants®
Color: White Flowers with Red Berries
- For best results, plant in USDA zone: 3-8 - mature size: 7-8 ft H x 7-8 ft W. Plant is delivered in a #2 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting. Plant will be dormant (no leaves) late fall through the winter months, this is normal. It will leaf out in spring.
- An outstanding, easy to grow native that thrives even in moist soils. Deer resistant with deep green foliage that covers the plant from spring into fall.
- Perfect for grouping to form a pollinator friendly Hedge that comes alive with Berry color in the fall and early winter. Showy even as a single specimen in any landscape.
- Brilliant red berries cover the plant from early fall through early to mid winter. This plant is a native songbird favorite…thye love feasting on the Red berries! Winterberry also provides outstanding cover and nesting for these birds. Make sure you plant a male Winterberry like 'apollo' Or 'southern gentleman' Within 50 feet of your plant to ensure your outstanding fall and winter Berry display!
- This plant thrives in full sun or partial shade and tolerates moist soils.
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: Ilex verticillata (Winterberry). showy, easy to grow resilient…these are all words that describe this outstanding native shrub that will light up the landscape with is fall & winter color & it versatility. Winterberry is a landscaper's Dream with deep green foliage that covers its upright form. Small white flowers appear in late may. These give way to green berries that cover the plant & begin to redden as the temperatures cool. Once fall arrives, those green berries have matured to brilliant red making the plant come alive with color. Once the leaves fall later in autumn, The landscape show begins in earnest with the piercing red berry color really making a statement. Native birds love to feast on these red berries making it the perfect plant for having in your pollinator friendly yd. Make sure you plant a Male Winterberry like 'Apollo' Or 'southern gentleman' Within 50' Of your plant to ensure your outstanding fall & winter berry display!
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches