Brand: American Beauties Native Plants®
- For best results, plant in USDA Zone:4-8 - Mature size: 8-12ft H x 6-10ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #3 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- Upright branches hold deep green foliage throughout the season that turns brilliant yellow in fall. After foliage fall in late fall, yellow strap-like flowers bloom attracting many native pollinators and migrating butterflies.
- Easy to grow. Quick growing and perfect for grouping to form a pollinator friendly barrier or hedge. Thrives in a variety of soils
- Native songbirds love the seed that falls to the ground from spent flowers. This plant also provides outstanding cover and nesting for native songbirds
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA This trouble free native straddles the line between tree and shrub but there is never any doubt of the outstanding characteristics it brings to the landscape. Aggressive growing, it quickly becomes a substantial landscape presence bringing substantial beauty to each season. Spring sees its large, bluish-green foliage emerge with a bronze tinge. Foliage darkens through the summer months hiding branches and providing thick covered protection for numerous bird species. As colder weather approaches, leaves turn a bright yellow providing a tremendous fall foliage show. After the foliage has left in late October, this plant blooms with its spidery yellow, strap-like petals complete with a spicy scent that enlivens the autumn landscape with the last flower of any ornamental of the season. Distinct gray bark adds winter interest to this American Beauties classic plant that grows in full sun or partial shade. Grow Tips Grows best in moist, acidic, rich soil in partial shade. Tolerates clay soil and poor drainage. Remove basal sprouts to maintain tree-like shape and to prevent suckers from spreading if you don't want a thicket.
Package Dimensions: 52.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches