Brand: Green Promise Farms
- It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting. Planting and how-to-care instructions will arrive with shipment.
- For best results, plant in USDA Zones 3-8. Mature height is 5-7ft, mature spread is 5-6ft.
- Incredibly scented white flower spikes cover the plant in July.
- Dense, spreading growth combined with its dark green foliage, and attractive yellow fall foliage color make this a landscape winner.
- Plant will be dormant (no leaves) late Fall through the Winter months, this is normal. It will leaf out in Spring.
Publisher: American Beauty
Details: CLETHRA ALNIFOLIA If there was ever a "must grow" native shrub, it is Clethra. The obvious reason would be for its incredibly scented white flower spikes that cover the plant in July, filling the area with their perfume and providing nectar for native butterflies and bees. The less obvious, but just as compelling, reasons are its ease of growth, its adaptability to very moist soils, its magnetic personality for attracting butterflies when in bloom, and its ability to provide essential shelter for birds. It does all that while looking great with its dense, spreading form, dark green foliage, and attractive yellow fall foliage color. Clethra is great for grouping, tolerates shade well, and is an American Beauties plant that will fulfill a diversity of landscape functions. This container size is exclusively offered to American Beauties program buyers. Grow Tips Best in full to part shade and moist soils.
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.8 x 11.8 inches