Brand: Green Promise Farms
- For best results, plant in USDA zone: 3-8 - mature size: 3-4ft H x 3-4ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #2 Size Container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- This aggressive growing Perennial forms a large, multi-stem bush with blue-green compound foliage. Each stem ends with towers of deep blue flowers that native pollinators and butterflies love.
- Easy to grow with few pest or disease issues. Perfect as a specimen or grouped for huge impact. Thrives in sandy, well drained soils.
- This plant provides great cover and nesting for Native songbirds
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: Baptisia australis stately & stunning are two words that accurately sum up this American beauties native that is long lived & easy to grow. While a perennial that dies back to the ground Each year, Baptisia looks like a shrub once it emerges from the soil with multiple, tall, upright, almost woody stems creating a big, beefy bush with deep green pea-like foliage. By mid-May, the top of each stem sports a string of buds that open by late month revealing deep, indigo blue, Hooded, pea-like flowers that may stretch 6-8" High. The color is stunning against the foliage backdrop & the flowers are long lasting, staying in color well into June. Baptisia is easy to grow in any sunny, well-drained soil. It is drought tolerant & has an extensive root system which makes it difficult to move once established so find it a permanent home & enjoy the color!
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches