Brand: American Beauties Native Plants
Color: pink & white flowers
- For best results, plant in USDA zone: 3-9 - mature size: 2-3ft H x 2-12in W
- Plant is delivered in a #1 size container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- Outstanding, essential Monarch butterfly attracting plant! Fragrant flowers attract adults while foliage is an essential food for butterfly larvae.
- Perfect for naturalizing. Works best when grouped in less formal areas.
- Also attracts hummingbirds, native songbirds and supports bees. Deer resistant.
Publisher: Green Promise Farms
Details: Asclepius syriaca
when most people think of milkweed, this is the one that comes to mind. Fragrant flowers bloom on tall, sturdy stems in mid-summer. Monarch Butterflies need milkweed to because it is the only plant their caterpillars can eat. This is an easy perennial to grow in full sun. Best planted in an area where it has room to spread. Lovely planted with ornamental grasses. They also attract native bees & a wide variety of other butterflies including; buckeyes, eastern Tiger swallowtails, fritillaries, hairstreaks, painted Lady butterflies, red admirals, Spicebush swallowtails & queens. They also attract humming Birds & hummingbird moths.grow tips
easily grown in average, dry to medium, well-drained soils in full sun. Drought tolerant once established. Perfect for butterfly gardens, prairies & natural settings. Give them plenty of room, They will spread.
Package Dimensions: 25.0 x 8.0 x 8.0 inches