Brand: American Beauties Native Plants
Color: bright pink flowers
- For best results, plant in USDA zone: 3-8 - mature size: 5-6ft H x 6-7ft W
- Plant is delivered in a #2 size container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- Aggressive growing and spreading with a rounded form that is filled with fragrant, single pink flowers in late spring that attract masses of Native pollinators including butterflies and hummingbirds. Orange to red rose hips cover the plant in late summer and fall.
- Large growing and perfect for hedging. Thrives in moist or even standing water areas but still drought resistant. Outstanding fall foliage color
- Native songbirds love to feed on the numerous seed containing Rose hips this plant has. Perfect for cover and nesting.
Publisher: Green Promise Farms
Details: Rosa Virginiana create a beautiful wildlife bonanza in your landscape with this American beauties rose that everyone & every Critter will prize! Virginia rose is easy to grow with an abundance of deep brown, thorny stems that produce a considerable, spreading shrub covered with dark green foliage. The dense foliage provides a perfect living environment for Birds & critters & they lineup to live near this plant due to the gastronomic goodies it produces. Flowers open starting in June & continue right through August displaying a single, pink pre-installed, yellow centered, 2-3" Diameter bloom that native bees, butterflies, & hummingbirds can't wait to visit. Adding to this food value, as Fall nears, big, bright red rose hips mature providing a banquet for a who's who of Native songbirds that lasts well into winter. Virginia rose tolerates most any soil except one that's overly wet, thrives in full sun or partial shade & is one of the easiest, most rewarding roses you'll ever grow.
Package Dimensions: 32.0 x 11.7 x 11.7 inches