Brand: American Beauties Native Plants
Color: purple flowers
- For best results, plant in USDA zone: 5-8 - mature size: 8-10in H x 8-10in W
- Plant is delivered in a #1 size container. It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting.
- This dense, compact Perennial is a blooming powerhouse as bright Blue with yellow, star shaped flowers rise above fine, narrow, iris-like foliage starting in may and continuing throughout June. Native pollinators and butterflies will flock to this plant in bloom
- Easy to grow and quite compact, this selection is perfect for grouping near the front of any sunny garden while also providing outstanding form, texture and color in a mixed container on a deck or patio. Deer resistant
- Natives songbirds love to feed on the seed that results from spent flowers
Publisher: Green Promise Farms
Details: Sisyrinchium angust. `Lucerne` this is one of those plants that is so unobtrusive until it comes into bloom & then is so outstanding that you are always taken pleasantly by surprise. 'Lucerne' Is so easy to grow, tolerating most any well-drained soil & full sun & sporting clean, deep green, narrow grass-like or iris-like foliage that forms a clean, upright landscape tuft that is pleasing but unremarkable. Loads of buds begin to form in early may, emerging from the foliage, & the plant transforming show is ready to begin. Buds open in mid-May with an explosion of deep blue, yellow centered, 3? 4" Six lobed flowers that are stunning against the deep green backdrop. These flowers continue to open well into July providing a great nectar source for Native bees & small butterflies while its foliage provides cover for small mammals. Plant it in groups in the foreground of the garden a show that is as unexpected as it is long.
Package Dimensions: 25.0 x 8.0 x 8.0 inches