Green Promise Farms does not ship to AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, PR, UT or WA.
Brand: Green Promise Farms
- It is fully rooted in the soil and can be planted immediately upon arrival, weather permitting. We advise not to plant during frigid winter months or under drought conditions
- For best results, plant in USDA Zones 3-8. Mature height is 3-4ft, mature spread is 3-4ft
- Multiple, tall, upright, almost woody stems creating a big, beefy bush with deep green pea-like foliage
- Grows well in full sun or partial sun
- Plant will be dormant (no leaves) late Fall through the Winter months, this is normal. It will leaf out in Spring
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: BAPTISIA AUSTRALIS Stately and stunning are two words that accurately sum up this native perennial that is long lived and easy to grow. While a perennial that dies back to the ground each year, Baptisia looks like a shrub once it emerges from the soil with multiple, tall, upright, almost woody stems creating a big, beefy bush with deep green pea-like foliage. By mid-May, the top of each stem sports a string of buds that open by late month revealing deep, indigo blue, hooded, pea-like flowers that may stretch 6-8" high. The color is stunning against the foliage backdrop and the flowers are long lasting, staying in color well into June. Baptisia is easy to grow in any sunny, well-drained soil. It is drought tolerant and has an extensive root system which makes it difficult to move once established so find it a permanent home and enjoy the color! Grow Tips Grows best in full sun, though it tolerates light shade. Water regularly the first season, but drought tolerant once established.
Package Dimensions: 24.0 x 7.0 x 7.0 inches